Check the tab above to see tryout results. So proud of all athletes who came out this week!
If you were selected for a team, we have a mandatory “Made the Team” Meeting on Tuesday, April 26th @ 6:30pm in the CHHS Media Center. ALL CHEERLEADERS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT AT THIS MEETING!
You will also need to bring $40 (cash or check made out to CHHS Spirit Club) to the meeting as part of our first fundraiser, which will be explained during check-in.
Congratulations and GO EAGLES!!
Our tryouts for the upcoming 2022-2023 season will be held April 18th-22nd from 5-7pm in the CHHS Main Gym! Before you can try out, here are a few things you’ll need to complete:
- Completed Tryout Application
- Updated Physical uploaded into your Rank One Account (RankOne Instructions)
- Teacher Recommendations forwarded to ALL current teachers –> https://forms.gle/CPYP8xk6QNckTTjW8
- This is a NEW requirement for tryouts! If you do NOT have all 6 teacher recommendations for tryouts by April 15th, you are at risk of not being able to tryout. Please make sure this gets done & sent to teachers ASAP!!
All items on the above list are due by Friday April 15th!! Do not wait until the last minute to complete! We do not want to have to turn anyone away from Tryouts for missing items.
Interest Meeting Slideshow <– here is all the info from the meeting if you weren’t able to join us, or need a quick refresher. Here is also the Tryout Flyer that was handed out in a more condensed version.
A few FAQs:
- If I am traveling this summer, can I still tryout?
- YES! Summer practices are excused for travel. Absences will start counting August 1st.
- If I put JV and Varsity on my application, are you going to put me on JV?
- We know that everyone’s top team is Varsity. However, if you only select varsity as a 9-11th grader, and do not score high enough for that team, you run the risk of not cheering at all. We highly encourage you to put all teams you are eligible for.
- Do I have to have tumbling/experience to be a cheerleader?
- For spirit cheer? No – we will teach you cheer basics at tryouts. For competition cheer – tumbling is definitely a HUGE asset to the team and you will be required to have a backhandspring prior to the start of the season, and be in a tumbling class at least 1x per week.
- Can you cheer on more than one team?
- You can cheer on as many as you want! Be sure to look at the schedules and make sure you are ready to commit – it gets busy!
- Can I quit after tryouts?
- Tryouts are a grueling process, and people WILL get cut. If you tryout, it is assumed that you are committing to the entirety of the season at that point. If you decide in July you don’t want to cheer, you have taken the spot of someone who really wanted it. So please be 100% sure you are committed BEFORE tryouts start.
- What can I do to prepare for tryouts?
- Start a workout program NOW! Cheerleading is more physically demanding than people realize. Start perfecting motions, do some research on what proper motions look like, and practice in a mirror or on video to see if you are doing it correctly. Tumbling classes are always a bonus, and get with friends to practice together! We will teach you all the material that you need during tryout week 🙂
If you think of any other questions, please feel free to send Coach B an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
See you all in a few weeks!!
SAVE THE DATE!
More information coming soon!
Tomorrow evening is our Uniform and Apparel fittings. ALL 2021-2022 Cheerleaders and a parent must attend fittings in order to pay and order all apparel for the upcoming season. Please see below for your team’s time slot:
- Varsity Spirit Teams: 5:00-5:45
- JV Teams: 5:45 – 6:30
- Competition/9th Grade Teams: 6:30-7:15
Remember to wear tight fitting clothes/undergarments to try items on. Payments will be collected upon checkout with the Booster Club Officers.
See you tomorrow!
Congratulations to all our new 2021-2022 Cheerleaders! Results are posted on our TEAMS page by tryout number.
Reminder – Mandatory Parent/Cheerleader Meeting for all new cheerleaders on Wednesday May 5th @7pm. Zoom links were sent to emails from Applications.
If you did not receive an email and were placed on a team, please send Coach Birkhead an email at email@example.com.
Excited to get started with a new season!
Gates are cashless – buy your tickets at gofan.com or on the GoFan app.
Mask are recommended to be worn at all time. Masks are at the following times:
Cheerleaders are required to wear their game day masks.
Please social distance at all times from those that are not in you household at all times.
Fans are not allowed on the field before, during or after the game.
Concessions will be “grab and go” and all will be pre-packaged for your safety.
Please take a moment to review the Gwinnett County Public Schools High School Football Guidelines by watching this video and reading below: https://publish.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/gcps/home/gcpstv/videos/news/focus/453299277
We just wanted to update you all about the COVID Regulations that we have put in place to make our seasons safe and fun for all!
- Social distancing will be enforced at practices and games as much as possible
- limited/no stunting will be utilized to minimize contact (excluding competitive)
- Hand sanitizer will be provided by coaches
- Importance on using own apparel, own poms, own water
- When will masks be required?
- When you enter the school building for any reason
- On the bus
- When visiting concession stands at games
- When using the restroom at games
- Whenever coaches deem it necessary – masks will be needed at all times
- When are masks optional?
- When practicing
- When cheering at games
- Masks will become mandatory if social distancing rules are broken and/or are not followed at the coaches discretion
- Other game safety regulations will be created and shared as we get closer to games
- Symptom check/temperature check every time they come in the building, if you have symptoms you must sit out for 2 weeks and have a negative test to come back/doctor’s note
Welcome to the official website of Collins Hill High School cheerleading!
We offer spirit teams for football and basketball at the 9th, JV, and Varsity levels. We are also thrilled to offer two competitive team experiences: our traditional competitive team and our Gameday competitive team. We are proud to participate in such a diverse and supportive community!
We will continue to use this platform as a basis for communication with our cheerleaders, parents, teachers, and community members.