- Tuesday, April 17 – Pre-Try-Out Parent Meeting – 6:30-7:30 – Riflery Room
- Wednesday, April 25 – Physicals (2:30 pm at Field House) – All athletes trying out MUST have a current physical!!!
- Monday & Tuesday, April 30 & May 1 – Competitive Cheer Tryouts – 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm – Main Gym
- Wednesday – Friday, May 2 – May 4 – Spirit Team Tryouts – 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm in the Main Gym (Friday meet in the Auxiliary Gym!
- Tuesday, May 8 – I MADE THE SQUAD MEETING! 6:30 – 7:30 in Riflery Room
- Tuesday, May 15 – MANDATORY fittings!!! 5:30 – 7:00 Riflery Room
CHHS CHEER IMPORTANT DATES
Wednesday, May 24th (5:30-7 pm): Apparel Fittings (CHHS Riflelry Room) *Cheesecake Fundraiser due at fittings* MANDATORY FOR ALL CHEERLEADERS- Apparel Fees due THIS DAY
Sunday, June 18th: Spirit Cheerleader Camp Fees Due
Sunday, June 18th: Competitive Cheerleader Choreography & Lay Coach Fees Due ($150)
Tuesday, July 18th: Sprit Cheerleader Uniform Rental Fees Due ($90)
Tuesday, July 18th: Competitive Cheerleader Competition Fees Due ($280)
Wednesday, August 2nd (5-6:30 pm): ALL CHEERLEADERS MANDATORY Rec Camp Practice
Saturday, August 5th (8am- 2 pm): ALL CHEERLEADERS MANDATORY Rec Camp
Friday, August 18th: ALL CHEERLEADERS Activity Fees Due ($200)
Monday, September 18th: ALL CHEERLEADERS Spirit Club Dues Due ($150) AND Additional Activity Fee ($75) if on more than one team.
SUMMER PRACTICES: (If you are in town, you are expected to be present at every practice.)
COMPETITIVE: Starting Tuesday, May 30th we will practice EVERY Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:30 am to 10:30 am in the Commons of CHHS. August 1st practice times will change- more information to come from your coaches.
ALL FOOTBALL (9TH Grade, JV, Varsity): July 24-26 we will practice each day 12 pm- 2 pm in the Gym Lobby of CHHS. July 31- August 4th we will practice each day 2:30- 4 pm in the Gym Lobby of CHHS
- If your daughter has had a sports physical this year (must be dated 2017) AND a copy of the physical was provided to you, you may use what you already have provided that the pages of the results are contiguous. The results may NOT be a originals or photo copies of multiple pages unless the pages are bound (ie: see the four (4) page sample provided to you at the meeting tonight). The physical must be presented in “book” style format, no multiple pages can be accepted.
- If your daughter needs a physical, they are being offered in the Field House of the high school on Wednesday, April 26 beginning at 2:30 pm. The cost for the physical is $15.00 and payment may be made by cash or check payable to CHHS Athletics.
- If you will be attending the physical at the high school, they will keep the original for on site file but you MUST have the physician sign the acknowledgement and bring the acknowledgement with you to tryouts. Remember – no physical, no try-outs! If you need a copy of the acknowledgement, one will be uploaded to the website (cheerleaderchhs.com) by tomorrow evening.
- Rising 9th graders – Provided your daughter tries out and is selected for one or more squads, the following is what is allowable under the current structure of the program and participation seasons:
- Freshman may try out for JV and Varsity Competition, Freshman Football, Freshman Basketball.
- If a Freshman cheers on a competitive squad (either JV or Varsity), they may NOT cheer for any football as the seasons overlap.
- Freshman who participate in another school sport that competes during the same season as either football or basketball may cheer for one or the other; otherwise, football and basketball squads are one in the same.
- Freshman spirit squads (football and basketball) are for freshman sports only. Freshman will not be placed on JV or Varsity spirit squads.
- Competitive cheerleaders may not cheer for JV Football as the seasons overlap.
- The only Competitive cheerleader eligible to cheer football is for a Sophomore, Junior or Senior to be selected to cheer on the Varsity Football squad.
Welcome to the home of the
Collins Hill High School Eagles Spirit Club!
If there is anything that you would like to see on our page, please be sure to leave a comment below.
Look for the 2017/2018 Tryout Packet on the forms tab of this web-site.
April 19th – 6:30pm – 7:30pm – Cheer Info meeting in Riflery Room April 26th – 2:30-5:30 – Physicals in the field house $15.00 NOTE – In order to participate in tryouts, student MUST have had a physical in 2017 – No Exceptions! April 26th/27th – 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Competition try outs in the big gym April 28th – Competitive Cheer squads will be posted on our website by student ID by 6:00 PM
May 1st/2nd/3rd – 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm -Spirit try outs in the big gym on the 1st/3rd and Riflery Room on the 2nd
May 4th – Spirit squads will be posted on our website by student ID by 6:00 PM
May 5th – 6:30 pm -7:30 pm – Mandatory parent meeting for cheerleaders participating in the 2017/2018 season – in the Riflery Room
May 24th – 5:30 pm -7:00 pm – Fittings in the Riflery Room
Summer Practice Schedule:
JV and Varsity Comp – Each Tuesday and Wednesday (June and July) – 8:30 am – 10:30 am in Commons Area
Football Spirit (Freshman, JV and Varsity):
- July 24, 25 and 26 – 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm;
- July 31 THRU August 4 – 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm
Rec Camp (ALL CHEERLEADERS):
- Practice – Wednesday, August 2 – 5:00 – 6:30;
- Camp – Saturday, August 5 – 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Spirit camp sometime over the summer – More info to come!!
Fundraiser info will be passed out on May 5th and orders are due on May 24th at Fittings. Orders will be delivered to the school in late June.